Gabrielle Tallahassee SCUBA Class Schedule
There are two options for taking a class with Gabrielle through Life Worth Leading, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Regardless of your preference, please complete the online registration form. Note that we offer military and first responder discounts, scholarships for people with disabilities, and more.
1. Take a scheduled group class. The next Open Water SCUBA certification course began 21 August with pool sessions scheduled 9 September (FULL) and 23 September. We have a few slots remaining for people to catch up on the recorded lecture and join the 23 September pool session. $380 cost includes textbook, workbook, log book, dive table, carrying case, 32 hours of instruction, pool sessions, 5 checkout dives including 4 SCUBA dives and one skin dive, certification card, gear, etc. Bring a dive buddy and you will each get $15 off! To secure a slot in the class, please complete the online registration form.
2. Request a private class and set your own schedule (pricing is on the registration form). Private classes are usually one-on-one or 2-4 students. To request a private class, please complete the online registration form for SCUBA classes.
The next Advanced Open Water class Gabrielle is offering begins in August in Tallahassee, Panama City, and Williston, Florida. Another class will be offered in September in Palm Beach, Florida. The class involves 5 SCUBA dives including a navigation dive, night dive, and deep dive (100'). Space is limited, so contact Gabrielle ASAP if you would like to take the class. To secure a slot in the class, please complete the online registration form.
The next Nitrox class that Gabrielle will be offering includes lecture, exam, and two checkout dives starting in August in Tallahassee or Panama City, Florida. To secure a slot in the class, please complete the online registration form.
The next Diver Rescue and Accident Management class that Gabrielle will offer is in December. The class includes instruction, materials, checkout dives, and certification card. Prerequisites are First Aid, Oxygen Provider, and CPR, and we offer a combination lifesaving class with all the prerequisites as well as DRAM. Divers must also have earned Advanced Open Water certification or logged 10 dives after Open Water. To secure a slot in the class, complete the online registration form.
The next Diving First Aid for Professional Divers - DFA Pro (includes First Aid, CPR, Oxygen Provider, Neurological Assessment, Hazardous Marine Life Injuries, and Bloodborne Pathogens) that Gabrielle will offer is in December. This course is through Divers Alert Network (Gabrielle is an instructor for Divers Alert Network). It is aimed at commercial, professional, scientific divers and aquarium staff and volunteers and meets current Guidelines for Resuscitation from the International Liaison Council on Resuscitation (ILCOR) as issued by its member organizations including
- the American Heart Association (AHA)
- the European Council on Resuscitation (ERC)
- the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- including the course requirements for CPR-C in Canada
- Australia New Zealand Council on Resuscitation (ANZCOR)
- the Resuscitation Council of South Africa
- the InterAmerican Heart Foundation and
- the Resuscitation Council of Asia.
To secure a slot in the class, complete the online registration form. There is a different version of the class for people who are not dive professionals. Space is limited, so contact Gabrielle ASAP if you would like to take the class.
The next HSA Dive Buddy class that Gabrielle will offer is in September in Tallahassee or October in Panama City, Florida. This course is through HSA - Handicapped SCUBA Association (Gabrielle is an instructor for HSA). This course is excellent for anyone who wants to work with people with disabilities. We specialize in helping dive professionals become more accessible to people with disabilities.